Monday, November 14, 2011

Not just sauce and cheese

I could talk food all day. I love good food
These are the famous words of Tom Brady.

And that pretty much in a nutshell defines my love for food. So this is going to be the blog on food & restaurant that i had promised long back i would blog about. Well, i'm not very good at giving the recipe or some such, but i can tell you the emotions raging through me when i eat a certain food that i love. So, in this series of food blog, i'll blog about the "Macaroni with Cheese and Red Sauce" at "Sweet Chariot" on residency road.

Well, I went there after almost a gap of over a year and half, and boy i was not disappointed. I walked in with a friend and as is the norm, we're given the menu card, not that i really wanted one, but still. So, i was going through the menu searching for my favorite. And then, i'd a mild shock, the macaroni with cheese and red sauce(we'll call it meese for easier use) was missing! So, I immediately summoned the steward and asked him if they don't prepare "meese" anymore, eagerly waiting for a reply much like the kid waiting for his turn to get his toy on his birthday. And he spoke, my two eyes reading and deciphering what his thoughts are shaping into, and after a few tense seconds he spoke, "Yes sir, we do. But its a new menu card, so i think they've not mentioned it" and with that,his words was drowned by my happy thoughts. I ordered for it. And a few eagerly awaited minutes later, there it was kept, nice and red and cheese neatly plated on my table.

I've my first bite, and ummmm (a flurry of emotions, endorphins kicking in!) that taste was to die for, the macaroni nice and chunky, with cheese on top of it, making it all the more enjoyable, and i dipped my spoon into considerable amount of red sauce and all the memories were flooding back and of course making space for new ones too. A feast that was.

For the people who have never tasted this, definitely put this up on your palatable list. And what to accompany this, order a vegetable au gratin, made in white sauce, very creamy, it completely complements the taste of the red sauce.
And so, my day pretty much ended with what i would call a hearty sumptuous meal.

Sweet chariot is located here
The belly rules the mind- Spanish Proverb.
Such experiences show that it truly does.

Notes:
1. Red sauce is GOOD.
2. Don't confuse the red sauce with maggie ketchup!
3. The first bite defines the food.
4. Next stop, Freskas!

Another thing i'm incorporating in this blog is the song i was listening to when i blogged this. This may or may not feature in the future blogs.

Blogged listening to - "How to save a life" - The Fray,

No comments:

Post a Comment