Sunday, November 29, 2009

HOPE :) its a good thing

This blog is dedicated to all, i mean ALL day-dreamers like myself.

To start with day dreaming is not a bad thing.Now, if u are one of those people who would ask "Who said, its a bad thing??" Let me just share an incident that happened when i was in the 5Th std[5Th grade for all the Americans]. Well, it was a free hour, my teacher said "students, do something constructive. And KEEP QUIET" [and all the like sounding instructions teachers give so that students don't prove to be a handful, and the teacher can have some peace]. Well, considering I'm as creative as the violin is to a blue-whale!!
So, i just sat there with a book in front of me[in the pretence of reading]. After a while my teacher saw me, she took my entire name, instantly i knew "boy! Now what have i done??" She shouted at me and said "Stop your day-dreams now!!" "Do something productive child". Alas! i thought day dreaming is a sin!
Cut to 3 years from then, my sister gifted me a black tee-shirt and it had this image of a kid in the front with "DAY-DREAMER" written below it. Boy! it was love at first site for me with that shirt :) my tryst with day-dreaming began there :)

Now,as i grew older and matured and was entering my "a-dull-t hood", there was only one thing that kept me going time and again, pushing me to do things, which i couldn't conjure that i will one day.
What was that?? IT was "HOPE". Now, many of us use this word time and again. "I hope i pass the exam" topping the list [if u know what i am talking about :p ]
Even a kid says "i hope daddy buys me that toy superman or maybe that football"!!

But what is this hope? The dictionary defines it as "to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence" or "to believe, desire, or trust". But i am not here to quote the dictionary and neither are u all here to read something straight out of a thick book adorning the shelves of many a "read-a-holics??"
Well, hope to me was something that got me through my 10th std board exams, when my uncle was in the ICU, battling with life, and I not knowing if i will be giving my exams. Hope was what kept me going when a very very dear aunt of mine passed away the same year, leaving me clueless as to"why, this happened?" as she was equivalent to my mother in the terms of love that she had for me. Hope was what kept me going when my cousin passed away in a car crash when i was studying class in 12Th.
But, hope was also what his parents had when he was growing up, that one day he'll take over his dad's business?
Hope is what i'd when i joined my college. Hoping that i will get a very good gang of friends. Hope is what i'd each time when i give my exams. Hope is what I've when i give a seminar or a presentation that i'm gonna rock the show. Hope is what I'd that i will score in a football match to help my team win.
So why do we hope so much? and what good does hope do?
The answer which i always knew was uncovered when i watched the movie"SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION". This came at a time when my spirits were dead and buried. It taught me "HOPE IS A GOOD THING"

Even now, i hope. I hope every single day of my life that i get my dream silver Porsche. Hope is what i have when i know that something good will happen and happiness will rain[pun intended] :) Hope is what it is, when i "hope" i'll be with my friends for a very very long time. Hope is all that each of us have. The one word that'll help us sail through the thick and thin.

Like Andy Dufresne said in Shawshank Redemption "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and remember NO good thing ever dies"
Well, i hope....

No comments:

Post a Comment